Union Labor Law
David A. Davis, a founding partner, heads the firm’s Labor Relations and Employment Law Group, representing organizations and individual clients in every facet of the employment relationship.
At the law office of Davis & Ferber, we bring extensive experience to labor unions in the states of New York and New Jersey. Partner David A. Davis, who heads our labor relations department, currently serves as general counsel to more than 50 labor organizations. We have protected the rights of unions in thousands of proceedings, from arbitrations to disciplinary hearings to PERB, NLRB and RLA proceedings.
We provide a broad range of services to labor unions, handling matters related to collective bargaining agreements, the filing of grievances against employers, the defense of disciplinary proceedings, civil service law hearings, and proceedings before the National Labor Relations Board, the Public Employment Relations Board, and special boards of adjustment under the Railway Labor Act. We also provide counsel to unions regarding internal operations.
When representing unions in collective bargaining matters, we serve as the chief negotiators and handle mediation of disputes, fact-finding, and have considerable experience presenting cases before interest arbitration panels. Likewise, in all grievance, disciplinary, PERB, NLRB and RLA matters, we will prepare and file all documents and will act on your behalf in any proceedings or meetings.
- Nassau County P.B.A.
- Nassau County Investigators P.B.A.
- Suffolk County P.B.A.
- Suffolk Coalition of Public Employees
- Suffolk County Detective Investigators P.B.A.
- Suffolk County Police Association
- Suffolk County Police Conference
- Suffolk County Probation Officers Association
- Ulster County Deputy Sheriff ’s P.B.A.
- Westchester County Corrections S.O.A.
- Court Officers Benevolent Association of Nassau County
- M.T.A. P.B.A.
- Roosevelt Island Public Safety P.B.A.
- S.M.A.R.T. Local 1440 (Staten Island R.R.)
- T.B.T.A. Superior Officers Benevolent Association
CITY, TOWN, & VILLAGE
- Amityville P.B.A.
- Asharoken P.B.A.
- Carmel Town P.B.A.
- Co-Op City P.B.A.
- East Hampton Town P.B.A. (Dispatchers)
- East Hampton Town P.B.A. (Officers)
- East Hampton Village P.B.A.
- Fishkill Village
- Freeport P.B.A.
- Garden City P.B.A.
- Kings Point P.B.A.
- Kingston P.B.A.
- Larchmont P.B.A.
- Lloyd Harbor P.B.A.
- Malverne P.B.A.
- Newburgh P.B.A.
- Nissequogue P.B.A.
- Northport P.B.A.
- NYC DEP E.P.B.A.
- Port Chester P.B.A.
- Poughkeepsie City P.B.A.
- Quogue P.B.A.
- Rye Brook P.B.A.
- Sag Harbor P.B.A.
- Shelter Island P.B.A.
- Sleepy Hollow P.B.A.
- Southampton Village P.B.A.
- Ulster Town P.B.A.
- Westhampton Beach P.B.A.
- Huntington Hospital Nurses Association
- Physical Therapists C.N.C. (Beth Israel)
- Physical Therapists C.N.C. (Montefiore)
- Physical Therapists C.N.C. (Mount Sinai)
- Physical Therapists C.N.C. (Parker Jewish)
- Physical Therapists C.N.C. (Presbyterian)
- Connetquot Clerical Association
- Glen Cove Teachers Association
- United Steelworkers, Local 14753
- United Steelworkers, Local 9374
BUILDING TRADE EMPLOYEES
- New Jersey Utility Workers Council
- Utility Workers, Local 391 (American Water – Short Hills)
- Utility Workers, Local 423 (American Water – Elizabethtown)
- Utility Workers, Local 423 (SRVSA)
Our attorneys have built their reputations on a commitment to personal service and attention. We understand every legal situation is different and each client has unique goals for the future. We will take the mystery out of the legal process, carefully explaining the way things work, as well as your rights and responsibilities, so that you can make educated decisions about how you would like to proceed.
Contact Us for a Free Legal Consultation or to Discuss Your Case.
Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns, we are here to help.
Use the form or give us a call.